AQ Cutting Mat Required: 55206
How to Die Cut 3-Color Star of the East Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut one complete 3-color 9" block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1: Cut A & B together. Cut four 7 1/4" x 4" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes A and B to cut.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut two 9 7/8" x 3 5/8" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes C to cut.
- Fabric Color 3: Cut two 9 7/8" x 3 5/8" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes C to cut.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Star of the East Die:
- If you love star blocks you will be over the moon for the new GO! Star of the East Block on Board® die. AccuQuilt makes cutting the narrow diamond shapes easy. The die is designed to work with the popular GO! LeMoyne Star-9" Finished (55453) for even more design options.
- Star of the East is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut a 3-color, 9" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No foundation paper piecing! Star of the East includes 8 shapes total with 4 narrow diamonds that are difficult to cut by hand.
- Star of the East features specialized dog ears and ¼" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Star of the East includes screen-printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt® software, you can use it to create your own Star of the East designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers